Read description for more information. A video guide for players who want to travel to the Hall of Fame in Pokémon Green via a unique select bug, which potentially allows the player to warp to any location in the game.
To trigger the exploit (Pokémon Green):
1) Obtain two items, with Oak's Parcel as the second.
2) Open the item pack and use the select button on Oak's Parcel
3) Exit the menu via B,B
4) Enter a wild Pokémon battle and access the party menu
5) Press A to "switch the second item with the first Pokémon"
6) Exit the party menu and enter the fight screen (important to prevent an endless healing loop)
7) You do not need to defeat the enemy Pokémon and the game will freeze if the opponent uses Growl, so exit the fight screen and select RUN.
8) The glitch is now exploitable.
Steps for Hall of Fame:
1) Travel between 83-87 steps inclusive, landing the 84-88th step on the rival's house door.
2) From Route 7, travel in a linear route to the Pokémon Center or Celadon Condominiums. (important)
3) Exit the building and travel in a linear route to Celadon Department Store, entering the right-most door.
4) You will arrive north-most Lance's Elite Four room, simply exit and proceed to the Hall of Fame.
1) Entering the FIGHT menu is vital to prevent the game considering that you have no battle-able Pokémon left on the field.
2) Does not work on some emulators, such as VisualBoyAdvance. Bgb and TGB Dual are alternatives.
3) This example may not work later on in game.
4) The champion will never challenge you even if you talk directly to him, unless you have defeated Lance in the same session.